This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Scope: What this service offers
Marketing automation, currently based on the Oracle Eloqua platform, intended for planning, managing and executing email marketing and marketing automation, including:
- Sending visually compelling, trackable mass emails.
- Using multi-step campaigns to create tailored customer journeys based on contact demographics and past online activities.
- Segmenting audiences based on detailed demographic details and user or contact activities (e.g., email sends and opens).
- Creating and customizing online forms and landing pages to disseminate and gather information.
- Creating emails and templates to ensure cohesive branding for entire teams, whether the user is a beginner or an advanced marketer.
- An online photo library to store images for use in emails, landing pages, and other content.
- Creating dynamic content in e-mails that automatically renders personalized content, based on data about the individual recipient and the rules users define.
- Analyzing effectiveness through in-depth, interactive dashboards and reports.
- Receiving data from campus systems for use in marketing automation campaigns.
Contact interaction tracking
- Using the Eloqua Profiler tool, which is provided only to UW Salesforce CRM users as authorized contact-facing staff, a view of contacts’ digital marketing engagement, preferences, and concerns.
- Record the “digital body language” of University constituents as they interact with University e-mail communications and University websites.
Availability: How do I get this service?
Service is requested by visiting https://explore.wisc.edu/mkgauto-eloqua-request and filling out the form A member of the marketing automation team will reach out to the requester on the requirements of the requested service. Additional information can also be found at https://marketingautomation.wisc.edu/.
Who may consume this service
All UW-Madison employees who have an assigned duty fitting one of the [link to approved data access roles] and who have completed Eloqua training. The intended service audience includes, for example:
- Marketing and/or communications staff
- Academic program directors/coordinators
- Graduate program coordinators
- Recruiters or prospective student services
- Customer service providers (people who respond to general phone calls and emails)
What uses are permitted
One-way communication to current and potential students, alumni, employees, stakeholders, friends, donors, businesses, and community members regarding UW-Madison programs, services, and news.
What uses are not permitted
- Communications regarding activities or services that are not sponsored by UW-Madison.
- Uses prohibited by the UW System policy on “Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources.” Examples of relevant considerations:
- Using copyrighted materials, including images, without permission
- Storage or transmission of institutional data without permission from relevant campus data stewards. Please consult with the marketing automation team if you have questions in this regard.
The uptime that we have with Oracle is for the system to be up > 99.95% of the time. We do have quarterly updates that we have advance notice of and are found on the https://outages.doit.wisc.edu/ webpage.
What can the marketing automation team do for users?
- On-board and train new groups and initial new users
- Provide training aids
- Provide support to users on Eloqua-based issues, including tool-based problems or email deliverability challenges.
- Provide advice on best practices within the system and on marketing automation
- Provide advice on the integration of data sources
- Provide information and training related to using new features/functions
- Continue to improve the system by working with Oracle, clients, and partners to resolve issues
- Provide on-boarding assistance up to and including the client’s first production email send.
- Provide templates for use
- Provide guidance on reporting
- Provide information on upcoming features and functions.
What is out of scope for the service team?
- Serving as a creative agency for clients. The scope does not include executing marketing automation campaigns, sending mass emails, or creating branded templates or content for clients.
- Serving as backup staffing for clients.
How to get support
To access the KnowledgeBase, simply visit https://kb.wisc.edu/eloqua/ and see if your question is answered within that material.
If the KB does not address your question you may create a support ticket by contacting the DoIT help desk: https://it.wisc.edu/help/.
How to get additional training
For self-service training beyond on-boarding and first send, feel free to review the Eloqua KB that can be found at https://kb.wisc.edu/eloqua/ or the Marketing Automation website found at https://marketingautomation.wisc.edu/
To request hands-on training, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, there is no cost to use the service. Potentially in the future, the service may need to pass along per-user annual license costs. There is no charge per contact or per send.
Resources and responsibilities
- Provisions (on-board) new users and groups
- Publishes and keeps current training aids and other “how to” and best practice documents
- Publishes and keeps current the website
- Promotes Eloqua to stakeholders
- Configures and maintains data integrations between marketing automation platforms and other IT services.
Currently assigned to Marketing Automation Administrator, Division of Continuing Studies
- Defines and requests the resources needed to operate the service.
- Negotiates Service Level Agreements with customers.
- Works with the vendor to ensures service availability according to agreed-upon SLAs.
- Works with the vendor to ensures platform data integrity, security, and appropriate availability.
- Works with the vendor to ensures platform scalability across the UW-Madison enterprise
- Supervises staff providing the service.
- Communicates service performance to stakeholders.
- Defines and prepares decision items for service governance.
Currently assigned to IT Manager, Division of Continuing Studies
- Reviews and approves Service Level Agreements with customers.
- Reviews approve and monitors service metrics.
- Provides or acquires resources to operate the service.
- Facilitates service governance.
Currently assigned to IT Director, Division of Continuing Studies
Prospective, current, or past learner, donor, customer, or participant who has engaged or will engage with UW-Madison in some way.
The entire set of activities conducted to achieve a marketing objective. Within this marketing automation service, “campaign” can refer to just the digital elements of the campaign conducted over the internet.
Any way in which the contact connects with UW-Madison such as email correspondence, phone call, event participation, (Note: all donations should be tracked through WFAA, not Eloqua)
An email sent to a group of contacts. This email can be customized with personalized and/or dynamic content, but usually, the bulk of the message is the same. Communication is one-way. (Recipients cannot “reply all” to all other recipients.)
CRM (if we continue to use “CRM lite” above)
Customer relationship management.
A unit, department, college or other group that shares a pool of resources and contacts in Eloqua.
An individual that logs into Eloqua