Eloqua Adoption Process
The entire process to take between 2 to 4 weeks and 10+ hours of time investment, per user, on average.
We start with a 30–45-minute discussion to explore your current communication tools, future needs, and goals. Eloqua is not an “out of the box” solution—it requires configuration. This conversation helps the marketing automation team understand your use case and plan around the unique needs of your department or program.
Live, in-person (or via Web conference), hands-on training usually lasts three-to four hours and includes instruction on:
- The Eloqua interface
- Interaction & behavior requirements in the UW-Madison instance
- Importing and managing your contacts
- Creating emails using the drag-and-drop Design Editor
- Sending mass emails with campaigns
After the in-person training, you’ll work with the marketing automation team to set up your user group’s settings and customizations. This step is essential to ensure your emails’ deliverability, help you comply with CAN-SPAM, and not adversely affect other UW Eloqua users. This includes:
- Email topics & subscription management, ( email groups), to organize your content and audience segments.
- Your user group’s specific email footers, forms and landing pages in Eloqua
- Custom data objects (if needed) to manage the details you upload about your contacts